Orascom Development: Contracted Sales In Egypt Hit $16.6 Mln In H1/2012
Published Wednesday, 29 August 2012 16:56 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Orascom Development Holding AG (Orascom Development) - ODH (ODHN.CA) said for the projects in Egypt as a total, the Group has achieved CHF 15.9 million ($16.62 million) of contracted sales, compared to CHF 14.8 million a year earlier.
ODH mentioned that the overall demand for holidays in Egypt picked up during H1/2012 which was beneficial for its tourist destinations on the Red Sea.
Moreover, ODH added that the perceived uncertainties surrounding the security situation on the Sinai Peninsula had a negative impact on Taba Heights’s hotel performance.
ODH’s business results for H1/2012 reported a net loss – after taxes – of CHF 27.685 million, compared to CHF 15.798 million during H1/2011.
In El Gouna a further milestone to develop ODH’s destination will be reached when the Technial University of Berlin (TU Berlin) opens a satellite campus in October 2012 which will offer three master degree courses.
Most Popular »
- Egypt needs $11bn to upgrade transport system; minister says amid train derailment
- Egypt’s CIB posts record profit in 2015
- LG Electronics denies suspending Egypt operations
- Saudi Panda eyes more branches in Egypt, developing 20 consumer complexes
- EBRD, Bank Audi ink $30 million deal to boost SMEs in Egypt