Orascom Development: Contracted Sales In Egypt Hit $16.6 Mln In H1/2012
Published Wednesday, 29 August 2012 16:56 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Orascom Development Holding AG (Orascom Development) - ODH (ODHN.CA) said for the projects in Egypt as a total, the Group has achieved CHF 15.9 million ($16.62 million) of contracted sales, compared to CHF 14.8 million a year earlier.
ODH mentioned that the overall demand for holidays in Egypt picked up during H1/2012 which was beneficial for its tourist destinations on the Red Sea.
Moreover, ODH added that the perceived uncertainties surrounding the security situation on the Sinai Peninsula had a negative impact on Taba Heights’s hotel performance.
ODH’s business results for H1/2012 reported a net loss – after taxes – of CHF 27.685 million, compared to CHF 15.798 million during H1/2011.
In El Gouna a further milestone to develop ODH’s destination will be reached when the Technial University of Berlin (TU Berlin) opens a satellite campus in October 2012 which will offer three master degree courses.
Most Popular »
- Egypt in Talks with Chicago Merc to Build Biggest Commodities Exchange in MENA
- $471mn Loan Talks for Port Said's New Container Terminal Project Halted
- EGP250 million worth of New Fishing Port in Egypt's Borg Meghezel This Year
- Arab Contractors Seeks to Double Algeria Business, Ink New Deals mid-September
- Samsung Plans to Invest $35mn in its Egypt-based Factory – Official