OTMT To Pay EGP 1.05 Dividends Amid Mobinil Sale, Net Profits Hit EGP 4.56 Bln
Published Tuesday, 12 June 2012 13:47 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Egypt's Orascom Telecom Media and Technology (OTMT.CA) said on Tuesday it would distribute a 1.05 Egyptian pound ($0.17) per share dividend following the sale of its main asset, Egyptian Company for Mobile Services – Mobinil (EMOB.CA).
OTMT was formed in November from assets controlled by Egyptian businessman Naguib Sawiris after he sold most of his global telecom interests to Russia's Vimpelcom.
The company last month sold its stake in Mobinil to France Telecom, netting it about $1 billion.
According to Reuters, OTMT said it made a net profit of 4.56 billion Egyptian pounds from its establishment in November until June 7, 2012, and had retained earnings of 1.74 million pounds from before its formation.
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s Insurance Federation hosts First Forum on Risk Management next Feb
- Egypt forgives Iraqi Debt in Exchange for Oil
- Egypt: EGP764 million New Investments in Halayeb, Shalateen and Abu Ramad
- Arab Contractors starts Rwanda’s First Integrated Housing City Project
- Cairo mulls EGP1bn Investment Zone in Maspero Triangle