Egypt’s Plastics Exports Hit EGP 2.6 Bln By End of May
Published Thursday, 12 July 2012 15:01 | Written by Mahmoud Hemdan & Moustafa Adel
Egypt’s exports of plastics surged by 15% to reach EGP 2.6 billion during the period of January to May of 2012, compared to EGP 2.27 billion
According to the Chemical & Fertilizers Export Council (CEC)’s report, Egypt’s exports of plastics are distributed as 26% to the Turkish market, 13% to the Libyan, 12% to the Iraqi and 5% to be for Belgium, Sudan, Germany, UK, Italy, Morocco and KSA.
CEC’s report has also added that the main plastic exporter was the Egyptian Propylene and Polypropylene Company(EPPC) chaired by Mohamed Farid Khamis, as its exports reached EGP 488.6 million. Flex P Films (Egypt) comes second for having exports worth EGP 226.1 million.
Sidi Kerir Petrochemicals co. (SIDPEC) ranked third as its exports worth EGP 142 million. Fourthly, the Egyptian American for Plastic Industries had exports of EGP 131.3 million.
Most Popular »
- Egyptian coatings maker Kapci invests $12.5bn in Indian plant
- Petrobel builds 65MW dual-fuel power plant to fill energy needs
- BREAKING: Egyptian Military helicopter crashed in Cairo-Ismailia Road
- Egypt's water and sewage systems require $122.7 million for upgrade
- Turkey's Erdogan says wishes Russian plane downing had not happened