Egypt’s Plastics Exports Hit EGP 2.6 Bln By End of May
Published Thursday, 12 July 2012 15:01 | Written by Mahmoud Hemdan & Moustafa Adel
Egypt’s exports of plastics surged by 15% to reach EGP 2.6 billion during the period of January to May of 2012, compared to EGP 2.27 billion
According to the Chemical & Fertilizers Export Council (CEC)’s report, Egypt’s exports of plastics are distributed as 26% to the Turkish market, 13% to the Libyan, 12% to the Iraqi and 5% to be for Belgium, Sudan, Germany, UK, Italy, Morocco and KSA.
CEC’s report has also added that the main plastic exporter was the Egyptian Propylene and Polypropylene Company(EPPC) chaired by Mohamed Farid Khamis, as its exports reached EGP 488.6 million. Flex P Films (Egypt) comes second for having exports worth EGP 226.1 million.
Sidi Kerir Petrochemicals co. (SIDPEC) ranked third as its exports worth EGP 142 million. Fourthly, the Egyptian American for Plastic Industries had exports of EGP 131.3 million.
Most Popular »
- Egyptian Govt, Cement Firms Agree to Provide Coke Fuel for Energy
- EFG-Hermes Launches One on One Conference to Allure Investments to Egypt, ME
- Egypt Seen Releasing ETFs before End of March - Official
- EFG-Hermes: Participants Upbeat over Egypt Future, Huge Investment Flows Seen Soon
- DMX Egypt Sees Digital Marketing Investments worth EGP17 billion in 2017