Egypt’s Plastics Exports Hit EGP 2.6 Bln By End of May
Published Thursday, 12 July 2012 15:01 | Written by Mahmoud Hemdan & Moustafa Adel
Egypt’s exports of plastics surged by 15% to reach EGP 2.6 billion during the period of January to May of 2012, compared to EGP 2.27 billion
According to the Chemical & Fertilizers Export Council (CEC)’s report, Egypt’s exports of plastics are distributed as 26% to the Turkish market, 13% to the Libyan, 12% to the Iraqi and 5% to be for Belgium, Sudan, Germany, UK, Italy, Morocco and KSA.
CEC’s report has also added that the main plastic exporter was the Egyptian Propylene and Polypropylene Company(EPPC) chaired by Mohamed Farid Khamis, as its exports reached EGP 488.6 million. Flex P Films (Egypt) comes second for having exports worth EGP 226.1 million.
Sidi Kerir Petrochemicals co. (SIDPEC) ranked third as its exports worth EGP 142 million. Fourthly, the Egyptian American for Plastic Industries had exports of EGP 131.3 million.
Most Popular »
- NTG Discusses Egypt’s E-waste Risks Today in EGAS Seminar
- Russia Keen to Invest in Egypt's Energy, Tourism Sectors - Deputy PM
- Arab Contractors to Take Part in Ethiopian Road Project
- Egypt signs First Gas Fracking Contract with Apache, Shell
- Microsoft Eyes Infrastructure Upgrade to Egypt Education System