Iran Largest Crude Steel Producer in Mideast, Africa: Report
Published Monday, 23 April 2012 18:53 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
A report says that the Islamic Republic of Iran has become the largest producer of crude steel in the Middle East and Africa, given the hike in its steel output.
According to the report published by the World Steel Association, Iran produced 3.626 million tons of raw steel in the first quarter of 2012.
The report added that the figure indicated a 6.8-percent rise compared to the corresponding period last year.
"Iran enjoys the highest production rate of raw steel compared to the main steel producers in the world, including China, India, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Ukraine, Brazil, Japan, and the UK in the first quarter of 2012," according to the WSA.
World's total steel output also reached 376.76 million tons in the first three months of 2011, showing a 1.1-percent rise compared to the same period last year.
Most Popular »
- Ukraine Says It Agrees On Interim Gas Price With Russia
- Deutsche Bank Allocates $35mn Grant to Egypt, Keen on Suez project
- Israel Tamar Group Looks to Sell Gas to Egypt via EMG Pipeline
- Despite ISIL Conflicts, Egypt Engineering Exports to Iraq Hit Record
- SODIC Plans EGP 2.4bln New Investments in 2015 – Official