Saudi Forces Open Fire on Demonstrators in Qatif
Published Friday, 27 July 2012 14:16 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Saudi forces have opened fire on demonstrators in Qatif in the country's Eastern province, leaving several protesters injured.
Similar demonstrations have also been held in Riyadh and the holy city of Medina over the past few weeks.
Since February 2011, protesters have held demonstrations on an almost regular basis in Saudi Arabia, mainly in the Qatif region and Awamiyah in Eastern Province, calling for the release of all political prisoners, freedom of expression and assembly, and an end to widespread discrimination.
Most Popular »
- Malek, El Zorba, Al-Swedy Turn Down FEI's Chairman Post
- Egypt Likely To Join BRICS By Year-End – Official
- Exclusive: Mubarak-Era Top Gas Mogul Owns 300.000 Shares In Egypt Bourse
- Egypt, DAMAC Sign Final Settlement Accord Today
- Egypt’s Main Gauge Nears 5430 Pts Powered By Seven Kidnapping Release News