Obama Campaign Staffer Dies After Collapsing At Chicago HQ
Published Saturday, 14 July 2012 12:22 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
A 29-year-old staffer working for President Barack Obama's re-election died on Friday after collapsing at the Obama campaign headquarters in Chicago, campaign officials said.
There was no immediate word on the cause of death.
Alex Okrent had worked with the Obama team since 2004. The president, who was campaigning in Virginia ahead of the November 6 election, called Okrent's family to express his condolences and also spoke with other campaign staffers in a conference call.
Most Popular »
- Dollar extends bounce vs yen on US, Japanese policy expectations
- Apache plans to boost investments in Egypt oil explorations
- Oil prices fall as analysts say market still oversupplied
- Goldman, South Korea fund to buy majority stake in cookware firm Happycall
- Egypt condemns terror bombing at Turkey wedding