Yemeni Militants Infiltrated Egypt before Rafah Attack: Official
Published Saturday, 18 August 2012 11:23 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
"Several foreign men were spotted shopping in the market by residents and we received intelligence that they were in communication with Jihadist cells in Al Mukataa, a remote area south of Sheikh Zuweid in Northern Sinai," said a senior security official associated with Egypt's North Sinai's border guards, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "We hope to capture them in our ongoing raids. They could be hiding in Jabal-Al Halal - a rugged mountain terrain in central Sinai."
The Yemeni militants were smuggled into Sinai from Sudan among groups of African migrants who have been sold to Bedouin who traffic refugees into Israel for cash, said Ibrahim Al Menei, a Bedouin leader from the Swarkeh tribe who has spearheaded a committee of hundreds of men to curb the illegal trafficking of Africans through the Sinai.
Most Popular »
- 19 Cement Firms applied for Coal Usage in Egypt – Minister
- Naguib Sawiris to bring Cyprus’ Ayia Napa Marina to ‘Fruition’ – Minister
- 5 International Groups to monitor Egypt Parliament Polls
- 150 Lebanese Businessmen to participate in Egypt Economic Summit
- How to use WhatsApp for Web – Windows 7/8/XP Computer & Mac?