Russia to deliver equipment for Egypt's Mistral helicopter carriers
Published 2016-02-09 08:47:00| Amwal Al Ghad English
Russia will be the main equipper of the two Mistral-class helicopter carriers after France delivers them to Egypt, Russian Ambassador to Egypt Sergei Kirpichenko said. “There is a principle understanding that the equipping of these warships will mostly be done by the Russian side. The issue of helicopters has been discussed. As far as I understand, the delivery of these two ships by France to Egypt is slated for this year. After they are handed over, a legal possibility appears in dealing with this issue,” Kirpichenko told RIA Novosti in an interview.
- Russia to deliver equipment for Egypt's Mistral helicopter carriers
- Egypt treating Italian student killing 'as if it were an Egyptian'- minister
- High-profile MP Sirri Siam submits resignation from parliament
- Russia and Egypt military coordinate efforts in fight against terrorism: Sputnik
- Egypt, UAE army leaders hold military cooperation talks in Cairo
- Egypt's interior ministry impugns reports on Regenis' death
- Egyptian PM Sherif Ismail in Dubai for global government summit
- Europe's outlook on Egypt's security conditions ‘unchanged’ – official
- Japan, UK agree UN Security Council must take strong action against North Korea
- Two more Taiwan quake survivors found, toll could exceed 100
British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said Sunday he had spoken with his Japanese counterpart Fumio Kishida and both had agreed the UN Security Council should take strong action against North Korea for launching a long-range rocket.
One of Iraq's most powerful Iranian-backed Shia militias Sunday warned that Arab forces sent to Syria or Iraq would "open the gates of hell", in comments clearly aimed at Sunni Arab countries that have said they might join such an operation. "The Arab kingdoms tried Daesh mercenaries to implement their malicious plans in Iraq and Syria, and they failed," a statement from Kataib Hezbollah said, using an Arabic acronym for Islamic State (ISIS) group. It called on "the sons of Saud and those rulers who stand behind them not to take a risk and to learn (their) lesson," referring to the Saudi ruling family.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.