Egypt's Pope Tawadros II makes first official trip to U.S.
Published 2015-10-07 09:35:35| Amwal Al Ghad English
Egypt’s Pope Tawadros II headed to the United States Wednesday for a three week visit to the two oldest dioceses in Los Angeles and the southern U.S., Al-Ahram Arabic news website reported. Tawadros II told Al-Ahram Arabic news website that he has been planning for this trip for a long time, but was required to postpone it due to his busy schedule.
- Iran's Supreme Leader says negotiations with the US are banned
- Egypt's Pope Tawadros II makes first official trip to U.S.
- Syria conflict must not spark Russia-NATO crisis
- Death toll from floods in southeast US climbs to 16
- Egypt's left wing groups downcast ahead of parliamentary elections
- Egyptian death toll in Mecca hajj stampede rises to 148
- Freed Al Jazeera Journalist Mohamed Fahmy Leaves Egypt for Canada
- 'Intense' new Russian strikes in Syria
- Sisi rejects criticism of Saudi Arabia over Hajj tragedy
- VW CEO says recall to start in January, be completed end-2016
Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Khamenei, said on Wednesday that any negotiations with the United States were banned because they brought endless disadvantages that could harm the Islamic Republic.
Russian warplanes have carried out "intense" new strikes in two Syrian provinces, a monitoring group said Wednesday. Planes "believed to be Russian" hit at least four locations in central Hama province, and three locations in northwestern Idlib province, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. The Britain-based group had no immediate tolls from the strikes overnight and in the early hours of Wednesday which were "more intense than usual". "For the first time the strikes were accompanied by fighting on the ground between regime forces and rebels," said Observatory director Rami Abdel Rahman. He said the clashes took place in Hama province and began when regime forces including pro-government militias launched an attack on rebels as Russian planes carried out air strikes.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.