Europe Stocks Higher On Central-Bank Hopes
Published Monday, 30 July 2012 10:21 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
European stock markets opened largely higher Monday, with financials in the lead, as investors retained hope that stimulus measures would emerge from major central-bank meetings this week. The Stoxx Europe 600 index rose 0.6% to 261.36, led by a nearly 8% rise for Air France-KLM , which reported first-half results.
Also supporting the index, Shares of Royal Dutch Shell PLC rose more than 1% as Total SA gained 0.8%. BNP Paribas SA rose 2.4%. The FTSE 100 index rose 0.2% to 5,638.02. Shares of Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC fell 1.8% after the company reported results and warned of a tough outlook for mature markets, while the French CAC 40 index rose 0.8% to 3,306.43 and the German DAX 30 index rose 0.8% to 6,744.07.
Most Popular »
- ‘Builders of Egypt Forum’ Kicks off, Inaugurated by PM Mahlab
- Builders of Egypt 2014 Forum – Day Two Kicks off Today
- Dubai FDI hosts Trade UAE-Egypt Forum after Egypt’s Economic Summit
- UAE, Saudi Arabia Foremost Supporters of Egypt – UAE Contractors Head
- Egypt's FM to Visit Khartoum for Arab-Russian Forum