Europe Stocks Higher On Central-Bank Hopes
Published Monday, 30 July 2012 10:21 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
European stock markets opened largely higher Monday, with financials in the lead, as investors retained hope that stimulus measures would emerge from major central-bank meetings this week. The Stoxx Europe 600 index rose 0.6% to 261.36, led by a nearly 8% rise for Air France-KLM , which reported first-half results.
Also supporting the index, Shares of Royal Dutch Shell PLC rose more than 1% as Total SA gained 0.8%. BNP Paribas SA rose 2.4%. The FTSE 100 index rose 0.2% to 5,638.02. Shares of Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC fell 1.8% after the company reported results and warned of a tough outlook for mature markets, while the French CAC 40 index rose 0.8% to 3,306.43 and the German DAX 30 index rose 0.8% to 6,744.07.
Most Popular »
- NTRA-Egypt to Select Local Firm for Digital TV Broadcasts Receivers by Q4
- Egypt to Kick off Tomorrow Suez National Museum with EGP46million
- Egyptian Cabinet Amending SMEs Law: Abdel Nour
- Egypt to Invest $14.5 bln in Petchems, Refining over 5 Years
- Egypt Army to Meet UAE Arabtec over One Million Homes Project