Europe Stocks Higher On Central-Bank Hopes
Published Monday, 30 July 2012 10:21 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
European stock markets opened largely higher Monday, with financials in the lead, as investors retained hope that stimulus measures would emerge from major central-bank meetings this week. The Stoxx Europe 600 index rose 0.6% to 261.36, led by a nearly 8% rise for Air France-KLM , which reported first-half results.
Also supporting the index, Shares of Royal Dutch Shell PLC rose more than 1% as Total SA gained 0.8%. BNP Paribas SA rose 2.4%. The FTSE 100 index rose 0.2% to 5,638.02. Shares of Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC fell 1.8% after the company reported results and warned of a tough outlook for mature markets, while the French CAC 40 index rose 0.8% to 3,306.43 and the German DAX 30 index rose 0.8% to 6,744.07.
Most Popular »
- Tatweer Misr promotes Fouka Bay project phase I
- IDA approves $22mn for Egypt's Al-Robeky leather zone phase 2
- Businessmen MPs may form lobby in Egypt new parliament
- Egypt heads Security Council in May to promote interests of Africa, Palestine
- Suez Canal industrial zone allures 15 Russian companies; says minister Manturov