Omran: EGX Shall Be Boosted On IMF Loan Approvals
Published Saturday, 11 August 2012 16:25 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Dr. Mohamed Omran, the chairman of the Egyptian Exchange (EGX), has asserted that the market would move forward or backward according to the political and economic situation and events.
“Whenever the country witnesses some political breakthroughs , EGX trading shall boom.” Omran added
He said after the formation of Egypt’s cabinet, the country’s economic situation will come into much sharper focus starting from attaining the International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s loan which would positively affect the EGX in particular and the economy in overall.
Elsewhere, Omran has also asserted that the rejection of his resignation does not mean that he would serve for a further term in office saying that his term as EGX chairman is supposed to be till July 30th, 2013 and he would be there until that date.
Most Popular »
- Malek, El Zorba, Al-Swedy Turn Down FEI's Chairman Post
- Egypt’s Main Gauge Nears 5430 Pts Powered By Seven Kidnapping Release News
- Foreign Trade: Egypt's Imports Of Chinese Clothes Reached EGP453 mln
- Egypt’s Central Bank Offers US$ 800 Mln At Exceptional FX Auction
- Crowell & Moring Advises ADIB Egypt On Landmark Islamic Finance Deal