Gulf Markets Quiet Ahead Of Eid; DSI In Focus
Published Monday, 20 August 2012 13:12 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Drake & Scull (DSI) reported a 49 percent drop in second-quarter net profit, citing higher funding costs for acquisitions and contract provisioning for the drop in earnings.
Meanwhile, Deyaar Development will also be in focus after reporting a 2.8 percent rise in second-quarter net profit, despite a 57.1 percent fall in revenue during the three months to June 30.
UAE property stocks have enjoyed a significant rally in recent weeks, as positive quarterly results boosted sentiment. Dubai bellwether Emaar Properties has risen 11.6 percent in the last month, with DSI up 15.9 percent and Deyaar climbing 22.9 percent in the same period.
Most Popular »
- Egypt nominated to host the 9th World Water Forum
- Egypt’s New Experience for Reconstruction kicks off
- UAE inks Initial Deal to build 50.000 Units in Egypt’s New Capital
- Indian Petrochemicals Giant Sanmar To Invest $350 M In Egypt
- Misr Iran Bank allocates 100-million Pounds to support Egypt Electricity