Gulf Markets Quiet Ahead Of Eid; DSI In Focus
Published Monday, 20 August 2012 13:12 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Drake & Scull (DSI) reported a 49 percent drop in second-quarter net profit, citing higher funding costs for acquisitions and contract provisioning for the drop in earnings.
Meanwhile, Deyaar Development will also be in focus after reporting a 2.8 percent rise in second-quarter net profit, despite a 57.1 percent fall in revenue during the three months to June 30.
UAE property stocks have enjoyed a significant rally in recent weeks, as positive quarterly results boosted sentiment. Dubai bellwether Emaar Properties has risen 11.6 percent in the last month, with DSI up 15.9 percent and Deyaar climbing 22.9 percent in the same period.
Most Popular »
- Egypt to receive first $2.5 billion payout of IMF loan ‘in 15 days’
- Chemicals Council eyes raising Egypt's exports to Africa by 20%
- Egyptian exports to UAE hike 149% in 6 months: CAPMAS
- Bernie Sanders’ big brother planning to replace David Cameron
- LG Electronics’ investments in Egypt jump to $200 mln