Saudi Rises On Hospitality, Bank Stocks
Published Sunday, 12 August 2012 11:27 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Saudi shares soared on Saturday led by gains in the banking and hospitality sectors to close at 6,987 points. The all-share index added 0.5 per cent.
The banking sector saw a 0.4 per cent rise that took the total to15,912 points.
The hospitality sector gained 5 per cent to close at 7,809.8 points, lifted by gains in Saudi Hotels which closed 6 per cent higher.
Earlier in the day, the shares opened higher lifted by gains in the petrochemical sector. The all-share added 0.2 per cent to hit 6,969 points and the petrochemical index added 0.5 per cent to 6,109 points.
Most Popular »
- Arabic graffiti detected on Easyjet, Vueling planes in France
- Egypt's 1st nuclear plant is 'safe', away from quake danger zone
- French AXA Insurance gets regulatory approval to buy Egypt’s CIL
- Solb Misr defers 20% IPO in Cairo bourse until H2-2015
- Egypt inaugurates largest wind power plant in MENA, Africa