Saudi Rises On Hospitality, Bank Stocks
Published Sunday, 12 August 2012 11:27 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Saudi shares soared on Saturday led by gains in the banking and hospitality sectors to close at 6,987 points. The all-share index added 0.5 per cent.
The banking sector saw a 0.4 per cent rise that took the total to15,912 points.
The hospitality sector gained 5 per cent to close at 7,809.8 points, lifted by gains in Saudi Hotels which closed 6 per cent higher.
Earlier in the day, the shares opened higher lifted by gains in the petrochemical sector. The all-share added 0.2 per cent to hit 6,969 points and the petrochemical index added 0.5 per cent to 6,109 points.
Most Popular »
- Cabinet braces for Upper Egypt’s Golden Triangle Project
- Palm Hills, Madinet Nasr to establish New Housing Project in Eastern Cairo
- Greece votes in Referendum with Future in Euro in Doubt
- Cargo Ship sinks in Egypt's Red Sea, Passengers saved
- AfDB, Egypt to sign 2015-2020 Strategy Deal this Month: Minister