Saudi Rises On Hospitality, Bank Stocks
Published Sunday, 12 August 2012 11:27 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Saudi shares soared on Saturday led by gains in the banking and hospitality sectors to close at 6,987 points. The all-share index added 0.5 per cent.
The banking sector saw a 0.4 per cent rise that took the total to15,912 points.
The hospitality sector gained 5 per cent to close at 7,809.8 points, lifted by gains in Saudi Hotels which closed 6 per cent higher.
Earlier in the day, the shares opened higher lifted by gains in the petrochemical sector. The all-share added 0.2 per cent to hit 6,969 points and the petrochemical index added 0.5 per cent to 6,109 points.
Most Popular »
- First in Middle East, Cairo Chocolate Museum Rocks on March18
- Sawiris: Egypt’s Economy Needs US$60 bln to hit 5% Growth
- BREAKING: Egypt announces Minor Cabinet Reshuffle, sacks Police Minister
- Fire Blazes at Major Cairo Convention Centre; 16 Injuries Reported
- UPDATE: Egypt Cabinet Reshuffle won't affect March Economic Summit - PM