GCC Diners Don't Want Healthy Fast Food - Pizza Boss
Published Thursday, 12 July 2012 16:54 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Consumers in the Middle East are not interested in healthy fast food alternatives, the founder of US pizza chain Papa John’s told Arabian Business.
The Kentucky-based firm, which operates 84 outlets in the GCC, expects to grow its regional business by 15-25 percent over the next two years, said John Schnatter, who is also CEO.
“People say they want [a health-conscious pizza], but then they do not eat it. They always go back to the original product,” he said.
Schnatter said that the chain has investigated healthier alternatives in terms of ingredients. “We have the ability to do a whole wheat crust. We have looked at the cheese and [other ingredients], so we are experimenting with it and we have tested it,” he added.
Most Popular »
- Britney Spears cancels two Las Vegas concerts due injury
- Sainsbury’s Profit sees 17% Slump as Chief faces Embezzlement Battle in Egypt
- Sainsbury's Legal Disputes in Egypt to drag on as Hearing adjourned
- AfDB studies $400-million Finance for Wind PPP Project in Egypt
- Sudan’s Bashir invites Egypt’s Sisi to attend his Inauguration Ceremony