Whitney Houston's Final Record Released
Published Tuesday, 22 May 2012 16:20 |
Whitney Houston's last record - a duet with American Idol winner Jordin Sparks - has been released.
The disco-inspired track - Celebrate - came out on Monday ahead of the late singer's upcoming film, Sparkle.
Sparkle, which tells the story of three sisters who become Motown stars, is a re-make of the 1976 film of the same name.
Houston plays Sparks's mother in the movie, which will be released in August in the US and October in the UK.
The film also stars singer Cee Lo Green.
Sparks paid tribute to Houston at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, with a rendition of I Will Always Love You.
She presented a posthumous award to Houston's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown.
Houston's last big movie was The Preacher's Wife in 1996.
She also had leading roles in Waiting to Exhale and The Bodyguard, opposite Kevin Costner.
Houston, one of the world's best known singers in the '80s and '90s, was found dead in a Los Angeles hotel room on the eve of the Grammy Awards in February.
Most Popular »
- Egypt Delegation to discuss New Country Strategy at IMF-World Bank Spring Meetings
- UAE inks Initial Deal to build 50.000 Units in Egypt’s New Capital
- Egypt mulls 20% Tariff on White Sugar Imports
- Egypt’s New Experience for Reconstruction kicks off
- Egypt joins China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank