TE Data Posts 30.8 Mln Internet Users Last May
Published Wednesday, 08 August 2012 16:46 |
The number of internet subscribers via TE Data, the Egyptian company for data transfer, has increased by 18.5% during the second quarter of the fiscal year which ended in June 2012.
The financial results of Telecom Egypt, the parent company of te data, revealed that the number of mobile subscribers has reached 2 million out of a total of 7.6 million land line subscribers, pointing out that the internet revenues hiked by 48%, compared to the same period of 2012, as result of the increase in subscribers.
A report issued by the Ministry of Communications stated that the number of internet users in Egypt has dropped by 0.19%, recording 30.82 million subscribers by the end of last May. The percentage of internet subscribers reached about 37.65%, including 39.75 land line subscribers, with an annual growth rate of 6.89.
He added that the number of mobile subscribers via Broadband internet amounted to 90%, while the number of subscribers via USB Modem reached 2.52 subscribers.
International News Videos »
Local News Videos »
Most Popular »
- Malek, El Zorba, Al-Swedy Turn Down FEI's Chairman Post
- Egypt’s Main Gauge Nears 5430 Pts Powered By Seven Kidnapping Release News
- Foreign Trade: Egypt's Imports Of Chinese Clothes Reached EGP453 mln
- Egypt’s Central Bank Offers US$ 800 Mln At Exceptional FX Auction
- Crowell & Moring Advises ADIB Egypt On Landmark Islamic Finance Deal