Etisalat Q2 Profit Up 17 Pct; To Focus On High Growth Mkts
Published Wednesday, 25 July 2012 15:36 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
The Abu Dhabi-based operator, which operates in 17 countries, saw higher revenue from its international operations partly offset slipping local business.
Etisalat second-quarter net profit of 1.9 billion dirhams ($517.28 million) in the three months to June 30, up from 1.59 billion dirhams in the year-earlier period.
Analysts forecast average profit of 1.78 billion dirhams, in a Reuters poll.
Quarterly revenue rose 4 percent to 8.3 billion dirhams from 7.93 billion dirhams a year ago.
The former monopoly reported a 0.4-percent drop in revenue from its home market over last year while sales from overseas operations rose 14 percent to 2.3 billion dirhams.
International News Videos »
Local News Videos »
Most Popular »
- World Bank: Egypt’s middle class shrank to 9.8% in the lead-up to Arab Spring
- Egypt stocks rally as foreign investors resume buying
- Visa, Microsoft to organise Egyptian internal trade information with $56mn: minister
- U.S. TPG in talks to acquire Abraaj’s Spinneys Chain in Egypt: sources
- SUMED to build $350mn-pier in Egypt's Ain Sukhna