Etisalat Q2 Profit Up 17 Pct; To Focus On High Growth Mkts
Published Wednesday, 25 July 2012 15:36 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
The Abu Dhabi-based operator, which operates in 17 countries, saw higher revenue from its international operations partly offset slipping local business.
Etisalat second-quarter net profit of 1.9 billion dirhams ($517.28 million) in the three months to June 30, up from 1.59 billion dirhams in the year-earlier period.
Analysts forecast average profit of 1.78 billion dirhams, in a Reuters poll.
Quarterly revenue rose 4 percent to 8.3 billion dirhams from 7.93 billion dirhams a year ago.
The former monopoly reported a 0.4-percent drop in revenue from its home market over last year while sales from overseas operations rose 14 percent to 2.3 billion dirhams.
International News Videos »
Local News Videos »
Most Popular »
- NTRA-Egypt to Select Local Firm for Digital TV Broadcasts Receivers by Q4
- Egypt to Kick off Tomorrow Suez National Museum with EGP46million
- Egyptian Cabinet Amending SMEs Law: Abdel Nour
- Egypt to Invest $14.5 bln in Petchems, Refining over 5 Years
- Suez Canal's Investors Must Appoint 75% of Egyptian Youths in each Project