Samsung Acquires More Than 50% of Egypt's Market
Published Monday, 23 July 2012 12:37 | Written by Nayra Eid
Samsung Co. acquired the cell phones market in Egypt by getting a share exceeds 50% of the market in Q2 of 2012.
Mustafa Abou Al Fotouh, marketing director, said the variety of Samsung Smart phones, which aim to cover the biggest sector of Egypt's market, is the direct reason of its heading the market; referring that the sales volume of the Smart Phones in Egypt is about 800,000 ones, 12% of the market.
In his statements, he said this share is due to providing a big number of options for the users; elaborating that the prices range from $ 100 to 1000 pursuant to the different possibility for the user.
The company depends on two operating systems, they are bada and Android. These operating systems provided the users with various options helped Samsung to be on top of the market, as Android system has varied applications helped the company to be on the top.
Abou Al Fotouh mentioned that Samsung acquires 35% of the global market, this makes it on the top of the companies which produce Smart Phones; Apple, hTC and nokia.
He said the global organization GFK for researches referred that the Smart Phones market in Egypt represents 12% of the total users.
International News Videos »
Local News Videos »
Most Popular »
- Syria Calls Egypt's Severing Of Ties A US-Israeli Conspiracy
- Rowhani’s Surprise Election In Tehran Could Resuscitate Obama’s Speech In Cairo
- Egypt Sends IMF Final Amendments To Its Economic Program - Minister
- Egyptian FM, Ethiopian Counterpart Start Talks In Addis Ababa; Targeting Consensus
- Moroccan Chamber Prepares for Egyptian Delegation's Visit to Casablanca Over Joint Investments