RIM Attracts Application Developers to Improve Productivity
Published Sunday, 29 April 2012 18:59 |
BlackBerry maker Research In Motion is making significant progress in attracting developers to create applications for its tablet and its upcoming BlackBerry 10 smart phones to help it keep its business alive.
"The app strategy will play a big role in attracting customers to the platform. In addition to its push email service and strong security offering, we are also looking to developers to offer new apps which can enhance worker productivity as workers are bringing their own personal devices into the office," Sandeep Saihgal, managing director. RIM Middle East, said.
He added "We are looking at BBM-connected apps also. For example, if you are inside the BBM Music or Sport App, you can talk to your BBM friends from inside the app and at the same time you can see what your friends are watching. The growth in BBM will continue to happen. Android apps can easily be transferred to the QNX platform”, as Gulf News stated.
In bid to play on in the multi-device enterprise, the firm has launched the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion platform for Android and iOS handsets.
International News Videos »
Local News Videos »
Most Popular »
- China's Sinohydro seeks establishing pumped-storage power plant in Egypt
- Egypt returns ex-governor Farouk al-Okda to central bank fold
- Egypt's trade minister flies to UAE to launch Russian-Egyptian-Emirati fund
- Turkey will not apologise to Russia over jet downing: Minister
- Kuwait’s Ahli Bank won’t practice Islamic banking in Egypt