Egypt Asks China To Build High-Speed Railway
Published Wednesday, 29 August 2012 17:41 | Written by Doaa Naguib
The Egyptian Ministry of Transport has suggested to China to contribute to the establishment of a high-speed railway linking Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Hurghada and after that Aswan, said Dr. Rashad El-Meteny, Minister of Transport.
During his visit to China with the accompanying delegation with the Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi, El-Meteny said that attracting local and foreign investments will contribute to increasing the GDP and boosting the economic growth rate.
El-Meteny presented to 200 of the largest Chinese companies the strategies and policies adopted by the Ministry of Transport to attract local and foreign investments and create new job opportunities in the transport sector.
El-Meteny referred to the projects that will be established in the transport sector such as the high-speed railway that will link Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Hurghada and the road that will link ports, in addition to the dry ports, logistics areas and mass transit projects.
It is worth mentioning that many officials, ministers and more than 75 Egyptian businessmen have accompanied the Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi in his visit to China.
Most Popular »
- Egypt in Talks with Chicago Merc to Build Biggest Commodities Exchange in MENA
- EU's €500mn Aid to Egypt Still Pending, Awaits IMF's Credentials
- AlexBank's Chairman Bruno Gamba Passed away
- UN Convoy Steps up Gaza Food Aid after Egypt Opens Rafah Crossing
- Egypt-Qatar Business Council Suspended from Operations; Says Abou Hashima