Egypt’s H1/2012 Imports Hit EGP 59.5 Bln: GOEIC
Published Saturday, 11 August 2012 13:40 | Written by Moustafa Adel
Egypt’s imports have reported EGP 59.5 billion by the first half of 2012, retreated by 29%. Noting that, they hit EGP 84.17 billion a year earlier.
A report issued by the General Organization for Export and Import Control (GOEIC), which Amwal Al Ghad received a copy, mentioned that east Asian countries have shown to be the main exporters to Egypt as their volume of exports to Egypt hit EGP 50.3 billion during H1/2012.
Furthermore, USA was reported to come second as its volume of exports to Egypt reached EGP 15 billion; while European Union countries ranked third having volume of exports of EGP 11.33 billion. For the Arab countries, they came fourth reporting volume of exports hit EGP 9.89 billion.
The GOEIC report added that Egypt’s imports were distributed in various sectors mainly; Electronic and Engineering Commodities reporting imports of EGP 44.16 billion, Chemical Industries and Fertilizers of EGP 24.51 billion, Building Materials of EGP 20.98, Food Industries of EGP 20.2 billion, Agricultural Crops of EGP 15.29 billion, Spinning and Textile of EGP 6.5 billion and Medical Industries of EGP 4.5 billion.
Most Popular »
- ‘Builders of Egypt Forum’ Kicks off, Inaugurated by PM Mahlab
- UAE, Saudi Arabia Foremost Supporters of Egypt – UAE Contractors Head
- Egypt is Top Priority for Africa’s Tech Industry Growth – Isys Uganda
- Dubai FDI hosts Trade UAE-Egypt Forum after Egypt’s Economic Summit
- IBM Egypt Rolls out Watson Solutions for Disease Diagnosis via 3G-Technology