Tetra Pak Egypt launches 5th Dairy Index:
Published Tuesday, 15 May 2012 17:09 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
Tetra Pak Egypt held a press conference today to launch its 5th Dairy Index – a source of dairy industry news and highlights from around the world. Tetra Pak also announced that the Egyptian Pediatric Association joined the Milk for Life campaign. The EPA signed on board to ally with the Chamber of Food Industries, Alexandria University and Tetra Pak Egypt.
This year’s Dairy Index focused on developing markets and how they have huge growth potential. It highlighted Egypt as an example and provided insights regarding the potential of the market in terms of demographics, geographics and income segments. Egypt’s efforts were featured as an exceptional example for availability, affordability and awareness of safe packed milk.
· Milk consumption per capita in Egypt is 23 liters, out of which only 4 liters go through safe, packaged milk
· Annual Growth Rate in Egypt is expected to be 21% between 2012 – 2015
· To support availability and affordability, Tetra Pak developed a package, Tetra Fino Aseptic that is more affordable to lower income consumers
The fifth issue of the dairy index warned that loose milk consumption in Egypt accounts for 77.5% of total milk consumption compared to packaged milk share of only 23.5%. It stated that Egypt’s Milk for Life campaign aims for increasing the share of packaged milk to 80% by 2020. “It is our duty to increase consumers’ health awareness and support them by providing options that could be affordable and available.” Mentioned Amr Youssef, Marketing Manager, Tetra Pak Egypt
Egyptian Pediatric Association (EPA) partnership with Milk for Life campaign came as a result of the campaign increased focus on younger age categories between age of 6 and 12. The campaign has been focusing the past 6 months on new activities (school seminars, factory visits and pharmacy activations) and new target audience (between age of 6-12) relaying the same message
· Nutritional benefits of milk
· The potential hazards of consuming loose milk
· The benefits if consuming safe packed milk
Dr. Cherif Abdelal, the Secretary General and Board Member of the Egyptian Pediatrics Association stated, “Today’s children are the youth of tomorrow; promoting a healthier lifestyle for them is one of primary objectives at the EPA. We became part of Milk for Life to fortify our objectives of improving the nutritional habits of young age categories through reliance on packaged milk, which is steadily becoming more available and more competitive with loose milk.”
“On National milk Day this year Milk for Life campaign will organize an activity with pediatric hospitals – this will be considered the first activation after the partnership!” mentioned Per Sundelin, Marketing and Product Management Director, Tetra Pak Egypt.
Most Popular »
- Malek, El Zorba, Al-Swedy Turn Down FEI's Chairman Post
- Egypt’s Main Gauge Nears 5430 Pts Powered By Seven Kidnapping Release News
- Foreign Trade: Egypt's Imports Of Chinese Clothes Reached EGP453 mln
- Egypt’s Central Bank Offers US$ 800 Mln At Exceptional FX Auction
- Crowell & Moring Advises ADIB Egypt On Landmark Islamic Finance Deal