Industry & Trade
Qalaa Holdings hires Renaissance Capital to study Funding Options
Published 2015-03-03 12:19:20| Amwal Al Ghad English
Egypt’s Qalaa Holdings, African leader in infrastructure and industry, announced Tuesday it hired Renaissance Capital to look into available alternatives to getting international funding. In a bourse statement released Tuesady, Qalaa added that the alternatives include convertible bonds. The company is seeking to restructure its financial obligations. Renaissance Capital is a leading investment banking firm originating from Russia that operates in high-opportunity emerging and frontier markets. It is a top-ranked investment bank for M&A, equity and debt capital markets, as well as securities sales and trading. Renaissance Capital focuses exclusively on emerging markets, including Russia, the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), and the frontier markets of MENA and sub-Saharan Africa.
- Qalaa Holdings hires Renaissance Capital to study Funding Options
- Saudi Arabia accounts for 27% of Arab Investments in Egypt
- Egypt Teleco Regulator signs MoU with GSMA on Mobile Applications
- Egypt sees LNG deals with Shell and Total in new Bid round – Minister
- Apple’s Looming Watch Spurs Frenzy of Upgrades for Android Timepieces
- Egypt says foreign investment to double, promises more incentives
- Government has no clear vision for automotive industry in Egypt: FEI official
- Orange’s Deputy Chief to attend Egypt Economic Summit
- Pioneers wins Takeover Deal on Cheese Maker Arab Dairy
- Parliament Poll Delay won't hamper Egypt Economic Summit’s Goals
Egyptian telecom regulator signed in Madrid a preliminary deal with the GSM Association on Monday. Egypt's Communication Minister Atef Helmy - witnessed the signature of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between Egyptian Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (NTRA) and GSM Association (GSMA) on Monday. The MoU aims to enhance the cooperation between the two parties in field of developing the technology of mobile phones and their various applications and infrastructure. The GSM Association (GSMA, or Groupe Speciale Mobile Association) is an association of mobile operators and related companies devoted to supporting the standardising, deployment and promotion of the GSM mobile telephone system. The GSM Association was formed in 1995. The MoU was signed by Hesham El Alaily - NTRA's Executive President- and Tom Phillips - GSMA's Chief Regulatory Officer. The Egyptian minister discussed with Tom Phillips the latest updates in the Egyptian communications and information technology sector as well as the procedures taken by the country's government to innovate and develop the mobile phone field in the light of mutual cooperation between the ministry and GSMA. The Egyptian Minister of Communication and Information Technology is visiting Spain nowadays to participate in Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in order to promote Egypt's March Economic Summit. Mobile World Congress is organized by GSM Association (GSMA) and will take place from 2-5 March 2015 in Barcelona. The GSMA Mobile World Congress will convene industry leaders, visionaries and innovators to explore the trends that will shape mobile in the years ahead.
Shuttle bus drivers at Facebook Inc voted on Saturday to ratify a new union contract giving them more pay, better benefits and addressing split-shift scheduling, the Wall Street Journal reported. It said Loop Transportation, the contractor that employs the drivers and negotiated with Teamsters Local 853, cautioned that the agreement was not finalized and must be approved by Facebook.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- Veiled Black Muslim Teenager Invades White House
- Al-Nahar TV presents new Economic Show ahead of Egypt March Summit
- Saudi Tycoon urges No More Egypt’s Restrictive Laws on Investments
- Exclusive - Names of World Bank Delegation to Egypt March Summit
- EFG-Hermes eyes Egypt Renewable Investments, Leasing Business -CEO