Allianz CEO: Europe Stimulus Programs May Widen Deficit
Published Wednesday, 09 May 2012 18:05 |
"If there are now loud calls for fiscal stimulus programs, we have to be cautious, in my view," Michael Diekmann said in the text of a speech at the insurer's annual shareholder meeting.
"Additional debt burdens could overload the system," Diekmann said, adding that Europe's sovereign debt crisis was far from over and that debtor states needed determined reform policies to regain investor confidence, according to Reuters.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- Philippines says ASEAN omission of arbitration case not a Chinese victory
- Egyptian trade minister opens new steel, fertilizers production lines worth $393mn
- PM Abe's plan for $265 billion stimulus puts pressure on BOJ to ease
- Kremlin denies interfering in US election campaign
- World Bank's Sri Mulyani named as Indonesian finance minister