Allianz CEO: Europe Stimulus Programs May Widen Deficit
Published Wednesday, 09 May 2012 18:05 |
"If there are now loud calls for fiscal stimulus programs, we have to be cautious, in my view," Michael Diekmann said in the text of a speech at the insurer's annual shareholder meeting.
"Additional debt burdens could overload the system," Diekmann said, adding that Europe's sovereign debt crisis was far from over and that debtor states needed determined reform policies to regain investor confidence, according to Reuters.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- Eni to build renewable energy projects in Egypt
- Moody’s: Egypt's economic growth 'going forward,' fiscal reform supports B3 rating
- Egypt General Petroleum targets 177,000 tonnes of gasoil for October
- U.S. stocks surge, Dow closes up triple digits after reported OPEC deal
- ECB not to blame for problems Deutsche Bank is facing: chief