Allianz CEO: Europe Stimulus Programs May Widen Deficit
Published Wednesday, 09 May 2012 18:05 |
"If there are now loud calls for fiscal stimulus programs, we have to be cautious, in my view," Michael Diekmann said in the text of a speech at the insurer's annual shareholder meeting.
"Additional debt burdens could overload the system," Diekmann said, adding that Europe's sovereign debt crisis was far from over and that debtor states needed determined reform policies to regain investor confidence, according to Reuters.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- Egypt to receive first $2.5 billion payout of IMF loan ‘in 15 days’
- Chemicals Council eyes raising Egypt's exports to Africa by 20%
- Egyptian exports to UAE hike 149% in 6 months: CAPMAS
- Bernie Sanders’ big brother planning to replace David Cameron
- U.S. presidential debate: Who won - Trump or Clinton?