Allianz CEO: Europe Stimulus Programs May Widen Deficit
Published Wednesday, 09 May 2012 18:05 |
"If there are now loud calls for fiscal stimulus programs, we have to be cautious, in my view," Michael Diekmann said in the text of a speech at the insurer's annual shareholder meeting.
"Additional debt burdens could overload the system," Diekmann said, adding that Europe's sovereign debt crisis was far from over and that debtor states needed determined reform policies to regain investor confidence, according to Reuters.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- Dollar rallies, U.S. stocks fall as Fed shakes 'complacent' markets
- Oil steady in volatile session, down 2 percent for the week
- Europe stocks close lower as miners, health care slide; Yellen speech on horizon
- Police Scotland includes Hijab to be part of official uniform
- BREAKING: Egypt's supply minister resigns amid costly residency in 5-star hotel