Allianz CEO: Europe Stimulus Programs May Widen Deficit
Published Wednesday, 09 May 2012 18:05 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
"If there are now loud calls for fiscal stimulus programs, we have to be cautious, in my view," Michael Diekmann said in the text of a speech at the insurer's annual shareholder meeting.
"Additional debt burdens could overload the system," Diekmann said, adding that Europe's sovereign debt crisis was far from over and that debtor states needed determined reform policies to regain investor confidence, according to Reuters.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- We Need An Economic DNA, Hisham Ezz Al-Arab Tells Euromoney
- Wadi Group Says to Pump $170mn Investments in Egypt till 2018
- Qalaa Holdings' subsidiary, Standard Bank Close $20mn Locomotive Finance Deal
- Kima Egypt Obtains EGP300mn Loan to finance rehabilitation
- AfDB Pledges $500mn in Aid to Egypt in 2015