Allianz CEO: Europe Stimulus Programs May Widen Deficit
Published Wednesday, 09 May 2012 18:05 |
"If there are now loud calls for fiscal stimulus programs, we have to be cautious, in my view," Michael Diekmann said in the text of a speech at the insurer's annual shareholder meeting.
"Additional debt burdens could overload the system," Diekmann said, adding that Europe's sovereign debt crisis was far from over and that debtor states needed determined reform policies to regain investor confidence, according to Reuters.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- Unprecedented migrant crisis forces EU to seek answers
- Iran nuclear deal now backed by 31 senators
- German unemployment drops as economy brushes off global slowdown
- Orascom’s O Capital, Norway’s REC to start solar projects in Egypt
- Giant gas find off Egypt could help settlement of Cyprus problem – President