Allianz CEO: Europe Stimulus Programs May Widen Deficit
Published Wednesday, 09 May 2012 18:05 |
"If there are now loud calls for fiscal stimulus programs, we have to be cautious, in my view," Michael Diekmann said in the text of a speech at the insurer's annual shareholder meeting.
"Additional debt burdens could overload the system," Diekmann said, adding that Europe's sovereign debt crisis was far from over and that debtor states needed determined reform policies to regain investor confidence, according to Reuters.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- World Bank, Egypt to sign Cooperation Strategy within a Month: Minister
- Egypt Stock Market end week in Red after Sinai Terror Attacks
- Egypt studies participation in Uganda Road, Housing Projects
- German's Henkel to invest $39mln in Egypt
- Solar-powered Airplane lands in Hawaii after record-breaking 5-day flight from Japan