Allianz CEO: Europe Stimulus Programs May Widen Deficit
Published Wednesday, 09 May 2012 18:05 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
"If there are now loud calls for fiscal stimulus programs, we have to be cautious, in my view," Michael Diekmann said in the text of a speech at the insurer's annual shareholder meeting.
"Additional debt burdens could overload the system," Diekmann said, adding that Europe's sovereign debt crisis was far from over and that debtor states needed determined reform policies to regain investor confidence, according to Reuters.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- British American Tobacco Announces Cigarette Price Hikes on Egypt New Tax
- Iran Says Waiting Egypt’s Response to Send Aid to Gaza
- Egypt Government Mulls Securing EGP18bn for Metro Line 3's Phase IV
- Qalaa's Affliate TAQA Arabia Opens 36th Station as Part of Expansion Plan
- Heliopolis Housing's Net Profits Surged by 32.5% in 11 Months