Allianz CEO: Europe Stimulus Programs May Widen Deficit
Published Wednesday, 09 May 2012 18:05 | Written by Amwal Al Ghad
"If there are now loud calls for fiscal stimulus programs, we have to be cautious, in my view," Michael Diekmann said in the text of a speech at the insurer's annual shareholder meeting.
"Additional debt burdens could overload the system," Diekmann said, adding that Europe's sovereign debt crisis was far from over and that debtor states needed determined reform policies to regain investor confidence, according to Reuters.
The Market Quotes Powered By Forexpros, the Forex, Futures, and Stock Markets Portal.
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s Industrial Development Authority to Boost Its Plan with 25% in 5 Years
- Egypt Tries Harder to Stop Energy Firm Exodus
- US Commits $7 billion for Arab Spring Countries Including Egypt
- IPR Unveils New Oil Discovery in Egypt’s Suez Gulf
- UK Second Largest Investors in Egypt, Says Minister Abdel Nour