CBE Sells T-bills For EGP 2 Bln
Published Sunday, 29 April 2012 15:23 |
Ministry of Finance said the yield on treasury bills rose and the Central Bank of Egypt sold only EGP 2 billion instead of the EGP 3.5 billion worth it had asked for at an auction on Sunday.
The average yield on the 266-day bills rose to 15.616 percent from 15.529 percent at the last issue on April 17.
The central bank sells the bills on behalf of the finance ministry.
Most Popular »
- Egypt’s Heliopolis Company eyes sales of $93mn
- Egyptian exports to Russia rose 11% end-February
- Defence minister says Egyptian army supports 'political leadership' decisions
- Bahrain, Egypt sign agreement on expertise exchange in plastic, furniture field
- UNDP extends partnership with Social Fund for Development in Egypt