CBE Sells T-bills For EGP 2 Bln
Published Sunday, 29 April 2012 15:23 |
Ministry of Finance said the yield on treasury bills rose and the Central Bank of Egypt sold only EGP 2 billion instead of the EGP 3.5 billion worth it had asked for at an auction on Sunday.
The average yield on the 266-day bills rose to 15.616 percent from 15.529 percent at the last issue on April 17.
The central bank sells the bills on behalf of the finance ministry.
Most Popular »
- Egypt needs $11bn to upgrade transport system; minister says amid train derailment
- LG Electronics denies suspending Egypt operations
- Egypt’s CIB posts record profit in 2015
- Saudi Panda eyes more branches in Egypt, developing 20 consumer complexes
- EBRD, Bank Audi ink $30 million deal to boost SMEs in Egypt